Sunday 8 July 2012

When when in Seville

Its no wonder Im totally chillaxed and overwhelmed with gratefulness with all that has filled my stomach, the spare space in my bag and the last few days here in Southern Spain.

Highlights in stunning Seville (Sevilla) included a visit to ancient baths for a spa treatment in an old castle and visits to many of the the amazing sights such as the Alcaza and the Cathedral, of St Mary. Even town hall was fabulous with the exception of the protest going on against the government about the economic situation here where fish guts where being used to write messages on the ground.. very effective writing instrument to draw attention.

The smell of fish guts quickly faded and more memories where created when I listened to my gut (hard to ignore at the minute) and stopped for a mojito during happy hour to write a post card.

Here I was invited to join some locals and their visiting Australian relatives for a G&T resulting in a wonderful night out with strangers/locals (Sevillians)/now new friends and some wining and dining off the beaten track.

The kind of unplanned adventure that usually only happens 'when in Rome' aka Seville on this occasion.

We even stopped by their apartment where one of the ladies offered to sew back my missing button! (notably due to a pre holiday DFO bargain skirt purchase, not my expanding waistline).

Missing all the beautiful little people in my life I even borrowed the littlest member of the group for a little while. A gorgeous three year old named Lucina who seemed to really warm to the visiting Aussie blonde who they found on the streets and like the rest of Spain, showed no signs of tiring after hours of eating and drinking in the sunshine (from 9pm onwards of course).




1 comment:

  1. You sound like you are having an amazing trip and i love your stories about the locals! Gah! I want to go back now! Katty xx

    ReplyDelete