Wednesday 4 July 2012

Espana es el mejor

Hola Madrid!!

So if you didn't know already (where were you?!) Espanol won the world cup in 2010. And if its possible you missed that, then I'm sure you have heard by now (literally) that Espanol (and I) recently celebrated world domination once again with a 4-0 win over Italy in the European Cup. This confirms (as per confirmation I received from many Madrid locals) that Espanol is the simply the best (gracias Tina Turner for saving me from using italics here).

What a fabulous night to be in town with every bar and plaza packed full of red and yellow striped foreheads, flags, and fingernails. I ended up with with a striped forehead and surrounded by very happy and proud citizens. I am envious of their passion for the game and whilst Australia has lots to say about world domination in the sporting arena, I don't remember celebrating my 1989 Eveready basketball grand final in quite the same way!

Just to add a visual or two here is the mini laptop our Argentinian waiter leant us to watch the game as the bar we wanted to go into (as featured) was already packed with red and yellow people.

What a fabulous welcome to Espanol. Watch this space where I have plans to feature what else do they do well..

No comments:

Post a Comment