Thursday 19 July 2012

Espanol Forefathers?

So it's official.

Despite my thick Australian accent, newly acquired Pacific Islander appetite, Irish heritage and Scandinavian appearance.. I am definitely Spanish at heart!

I already had an inkling but this was confirmed by a remark a local Barcelon(ian) woman made a few days ago who after speaking to me for just a few minutes about my travels around her beautiful country, took a step back and said to her friend in Spanish.. I think this woman has a bit of a Spanish soul.
 



Im also not sure if the news has gone global yet but if not then let me be the first to tell you that Spain is no longer in economic crisis. Basically since the development of my Spanish shoe addiction everything is going to be fine "What European financial crisis?" I heard one manager of a Valencia shoe store say as I made my way to the exit bumping people with my inappropriately sized bags with sharp shoe box edges. So if you thought it was big news that Spain won the European Cup this year then wait until the Minister for Economy and Finance here confirms Senorita Bruce's visit to Spain has turned the economy around!


As evidenced by my smile in the photo below that the proof is in the rosemary infused cheese (and not the pudding) purchased from the local farmers market that a visit to Spain is truly a worth making within anyones lifetime.



1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh dear Jan!! I am loving this journey ma fren, wishing I was there of course! Keep it coming. Take care Luv Ez Ces xoxox

    ReplyDelete