Sunday 1 July 2012

Parisian Macaroons

Ok so back to food for just a minute.. not just because the Parisians do food so well but mainly because the last couple of days in Paris have basically revolved around it. And frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way [Id like to quickly thank again my parentals JB & BabZ for instilling this value in me]..

So my mate Betsy from Boston was in Paris at the same time as me visiting her mate Danielle who's there studying pastry amongst other things. Needless to say with shared interests like this we clearly got along and Danielle's tour de Paris was a highlight of my trip thus far! What a fabulous and generous tour guide who describes what's required of a picnic at the Eiffel tower very well here in her own blog in which gratefully feature http://bonjoursweetparis.wordpress.com/2012/06/30/a-perfect-picnic/

It was a truly sensational evening full of lovely friends, laughter, local cheeses (we are talking slabs), beautiful french wine, chocolate, bread and joyful (drunk) Parisian youths who appear to do this regularly in the summer. The whole evening just makes me want to sing just thinking about it!

She also let me try on her baking hat and used me as a test dummy (what's not to like about this scenario) for distinguishing the quality of varying ingrediants of an imported English biscuit and local Vanilla tart to which I'm still salivating over and can confirm there is simply no comparison. As you can see featured in the photos even the airport tarts (and I don't mean I saw Paris Hilton) are phenomenal..

2 comments:

  1. I want more! More descriptions about the insane combination flavours of the delicious macarons you are devouring, and the cheese! the wine! My heart beats a little bit faster every time I read one of your posts - I love Paris. I bet it is even better in the summertime.

    Just be sure to not accept any invitations into their jacuzzi by strange men :)

    à bientôt!!!

    Love Jac, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netty!

    That looks like a lot of fun! I love the pictures from your picnic.

    Tell me more about it in...13 days!!

    Love
    Sara

    ReplyDelete